Be part of a new media movement in the heart of Southeast Asia
Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Southeast Asia Globe is a team of journalists, designers and engineers who believe that well-told stories can inspire, educate and ultimately bring people closer together.
To this end, we have created a community of dedicated members who are concerned about the issues shaping our world today and who believe that, through a shared understanding, we can work together to create a better future.
As a member-driven media company, we are committed to growing our community through thought-provoking stories and continued engagement with our readers. To accomplish this, we’ve built a team of passionate, innovative and hard-working people who are not afraid of getting their hands dirty.
Journalism jobs in Cambodia:
We have several internships available on a rolling basis. Each internship is typically full-time and lasts six months, though individual circumstances may be considered and adjustments made. Ideally, our interns have a university degree and/or have had prior experience in journalism, content management or multimedia design. All interns must be fluent in written and spoken English, and additional language skills are a bonus.
Current opening: Editor
Start date: Immediately
We are currently looking for an experienced, innovative and highly organised editor with experience in the region and a strong grasp on Southeast Asian issues.
This is a key editorial position that is essential to the growth of our new digital and platform-based journalism community. By taking on this role, you will be required to coordinate a range of submissions from regional contributors and members, and will be expected to help lead our tight-knit team of writers, designers and interns.
Principal job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and develop concepts for multimedia digital stories
- Analyse metrics, measure engagement and deploy tactics to meet traffic goals
- Identify and mentor Southeast Asian contributors who create informed content in keeping with our vision
- Supervise social media platforms and drive online engagement
- Focus on fostering communication with members and securing reader loyalty
- Support the growth of our reader-revenue program
- Edit content
Principal job requirements:
- Deep understanding of Southeast Asia and its local news environments
- Ability to identify and create intelligent, out-of-the-box editorial concepts
- A high level of understanding of timely and relevant editorial content
- Strict adherence to deadlines and fulfilment of planning targets
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Excellent headline-writing and copy-editing skills, SEO experience is a plus
- Experience with photo research and article illustration
- A degree in digital journalism or communications
- Relevant newsroom experience
Please send your CV and application to: