Be part of a new media movement in the heart of Southeast Asia
Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Southeast Asia Globe is a team of journalists, designers and engineers who believe that well-told stories can inspire, educate and ultimately bring people closer together.
To this end, we have created a community of dedicated members who are concerned about the issues shaping our world today and who believe that, through a shared understanding, we can work together to create a better future.
As a member-driven media company, we are committed to growing our community through thought-provoking stories and continued engagement with our readers. To accomplish this, we’ve built a team of passionate, innovative and hard-working people who are not afraid of getting their hands dirty.
Journalism jobs in Cambodia:
We have several internships available on a rolling basis. Each internship is typically full-time and lasts six months, though individual circumstances may be considered and adjustments made. Ideally, our interns have a university degree and/or have had prior experience in journalism, content management or multimedia design. All interns must be fluent in written and spoken English, and additional language skills are a bonus.
Current opening: Editor
Start date: Immediately
We are currently looking for an experienced, innovative and highly organised editor with experience in the region and a strong grasp on Southeast Asian issues.
This is a key editorial position that is essential to the growth of our new digital and platform-based journalism community. By taking on this role, you will be required to coordinate a range of submissions from regional contributors and members, and will be expected to help lead our tight-knit team of writers, designers and interns.
Principal job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and develop concepts for multimedia digital stories
- Analyse metrics, measure engagement and deploy tactics to meet traffic goals
- Identify and mentor Southeast Asian contributors who create informed content in keeping with our vision
- Supervise social media platforms and drive online engagement
- Focus on fostering communication with members and securing reader loyalty
- Support the growth of our reader-revenue program
- Edit content
Principal job requirements:
- Deep understanding of Southeast Asia and its local news environments
- Ability to identify and create intelligent, out-of-the-box editorial concepts
- A high level of understanding of timely and relevant editorial content
- Strict adherence to deadlines and fulfilment of planning targets
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Excellent headline-writing and copy-editing skills, SEO experience is a plus
- Experience with photo research and article illustration
- A degree in digital journalism or communications
- Relevant newsroom experience
Current Opening: Media Writer
The Media Writer plays a central role in ensuring that external communications are consistent and on-brand with Southeast Asia Globe’s mission and ethos. They are responsible for producing and editing content that is distributed via social media, email, newsletters, PR and our website. It is the Media Writer’s duty to work closely with the Management and Editorial teams to produce a user experience that is recognizable as distinctly Southeast Asia Globe, in order to grow readership and membership acquisition, as well as improve member retention.
Media Writer Responsibilities:
- Produce content for social media, email and PR communications, as well as website copy
- Work with the editorial team and Channel Manager to create and adhere to a schedule
- Monitor social media channels to engage with followers and curate profiles
- Create unique content specifically for different channels (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, newsletter, etc.)
- Experiment with creatives, scheduling, channels, etc. to grow traffic and memberships
- Develop relationships with social media influencers to grow social followings
- Review social media and newsletter analytics to support strategy and direction
- In some cases help the team to produce advertorial and client content
- Work with the editorial, business development and management teams to conceptualize and execute campaigns that drive readership and memberships
- Represent the company at industry events, network and build relationships with industry partners, influencers and journalists
- Write a minimum of 1 editorial feature for Southeast Asia Globe per month, with hopes for more
- Participate in branding and marketing strategy exercises
Media Writer Requirements:
- A deep understanding of Southeast Asia and its local news environments
- A commitment to upholding Southeast Asia Globe’s values and mission
- Professionalism in producing content for our audiences
- Experience producing content for different social media platforms
- Understanding of SEO is a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Sharp eye for detail
- Ability to build and enhance relationships with influencers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- Understanding on how to communicate with target audiences in a way that is consistent with Southeast Asia Globe brand and values
Please send your CV and application to: