- Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Start date: July / August 2021
Globe Media Asia is a regional media company based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, since 2007. After moving our flagship publication, Southeast Asia Globe, to an online-only platform in June 2019, we launched its membership programme in March 2020.
We continue to cover a wide range of topics relevant to readers based in Southeast Asia, and a global readership with a keen interest in this fascinating and fast growing part of the world: current and former expatriates, entrepreneurs, institutional decision makers, the development community, academics, students & travelers.
We produce feature length articles on a daily basis on politics, entrepreneurship & business, social issues, the environment and arts & culture and are looking for a professional, innovative and highly organised junior editor to join our vibrant international team.
The junior editor’s role in Phnom Penh is essential to help our team to grow our digital, analytics, and platform-based journalism community with over 550 members and 40,000 subscribers today, working with the editor in chief and editors, writers, designers and interns.
You will possess a strong organizational talent, are self-motivated, confident in your communication and show initiative in constantly keeping our daily workflows and editorial coverage efficient and impactful.
Principal job duties and responsibilities
● Manage the editorial calendar in close collaboration with the editor in chief and the management
● Identify, acquire and work with contributors such as reporters, journalists, analysts, academics and other experts to create engaging content
● Coordinate and manage daily editorial meetings with the team of reporters, interns and stringers
● Copy edit the work of authors as delegated by the editor in chief
● Commission, research and select photography and illustrations to go with stories
● Write newsletters and other relevant content such as social media posts
● Report and write stories on occasion
Principal job requirements
● Understanding of Southeast Asia and its news environments
● Ability to identify important topics that fit our editorial line
● Excellent copy-editing skills
● Strict adherence to deadlines and fulfillment of targets
● Excellent organisational and analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced editorial environment
● Experience with WordPress and SEO
● Regional language skills are preferred but not essential
● Relevant newsroom experience
● Strong English writing and editing experience
● Organizational and multitasking skills
● Experience with photography is a plus
Dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send your CV to: Daniel Marchette, General Manager: d.marchette[at]globemediaasia[dot]com